- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Pro 143 - Ser 288
- FUSION TAG: N-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50.6 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM tris, 100 mM glycine, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF9
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FGF9, GAF, HBFG-9, MGC119914, MGC119915, SYNS3
- Protein Accession Number: AAI03979
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2254
- Fibroblast growth factor 9 is also known as FGF9, GAF, HBFG-9, SYNS3, and is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members possess broad mitogenic and cell survival activities, and are involved in a variety of biological processes, including embryonic development, cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, tumor growth and invasion. FGF9 is also a mitogen for oligodendrocyte type 2 astrocyte progenitor cells, smooth muscle cells, pheochromocytoma PC12 cells, and BALB/3T3 fibroblasts. However, unlike FGF acidic and basic, FGF9 has no effect on human umbilical vein endothelial cells, and it has been demonstrated that FGF9 binds preferentially to the IIIc form of FGFR3. Although no typical signal sequence was found in FGF9, it is secreted efficiently after synthesis not in a conventional manner. In nervous system, FGF9 is produced mainly by neurons and may plays an important role in CNS development. FGF9 has been shown to interact with Fibroblast growth factor receptor 3.
- 1: Miyamoto M, er al. 1993, Mol Cell Biol 13 (7): 4251–9.
- 2: Santos-Ocampo S, et al. 1996, J. Biol. Chem. (UNITED STATES) 271 (3): 1726–31.
- 3: Chellaiah A, et al. 1999, J. Biol. Chem. (UNITED STATES) 274 (49): 34785–94.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-319
- Size: 0.1 mg
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.