- SPECIES: Human, Pig
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: PALPEDGGSG AFPPGHFKDP KRLYCKNGGF FLRIHPDGRV DGVREKSDPH IKLQLQAEER GVVSIKGVCA NRYLAMKEDG RLLASKCVTD ECFFFERLES NNYNTYRSRK YTSWYVALKR TGQYKLGSKT GPGQKAILFL PMSAKS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cell proliferation assay using Balb/c 3T3 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 0.05 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 2 x 107 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic, FGF-2, HBGF-2, Prostatropin
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2247
- FGF-basic is one of 23 known members of the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development, postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-basic is a non-glycosylated, heparin-binding growth factor that is expressed in the brain, pituitary, kidney, retina, bone, testis, adrenal gland, liver, monocytes, epithelial cells and endothelial cells. FGF-basic signals through FGFR 1b, 1c, 2c, 3c and 4. Recombinant Human FGF-basic (146 a.a.) is a 16.4 kDa protein consisting of 146 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-624
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805