- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MQVTVQSSPN FTQHVREQSL VTDQLSRRLI RTYQLYSRTS GKHVQVLANK RINAMAEDGD PFAKLIVETD TFGSRVRVRG AETGLYICMN KKGKLIAKSN GKGKDCVFTE IVLENNYTAL QNAKYEGWYM AFTRKGRPRK GSKTRQHQRE VHFMKRLPRG HHTTEQSLRF EFLNYPPFTR SLRGSQRTWA PEPR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cell proliferation assay using Balb/c 3T3 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 5 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 2 x 105 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized FGF-8 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted FGF-8 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing FGF-8 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HH6, AIGF, KAL6, FGF-8, HBGF-8, Fibroblast growth factor 8, Androgen-induced growth factor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001193318.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 329755303
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2253
- FGF-8 (FGF-8b) is a heparin binding growth factor belonging to the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. There are 4 known alternate spliced forms of FGF8; FGF8A, FGF-8B, FGF-8E and FGF-8F. The human and murine FGF8 A and B are identical unlike human and mouse FGF8 E and F are 98% identical. FGF-8 targets mammary carcinoma cells and other cells expressing the FGF receptors. Recombinant human FGF-8 (FGF-8b) is a 22.4 kDa protein consisting of 193 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-171
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.025 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805