- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MHPIPDSSPL LQFGGQVRQR YLYTDDAQQT EAHLEIREDG TVGGAADQSP ESLLQLKALK PGVIQILGVK TSRFLCQRPD GALYGSLHFD PEACSFRELL LEDGYNVYQS EAHGLPLHLP GNKSPHRDPA PRGPARFLPL PGLPPALPEP PGILAPQPPD VGSSDPLSMV GPSQGRSPSY AS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of murine NIH-3T3 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.3-0.6 ug/ml, in the presence of murine Klotho.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF21
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fibroblast Growth Factor-21, FGFL
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 26291
- FGF-21 is a secreted growth factor that is a member of the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development, postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-21, in the presence of β-Klotho as a protein cofactor, signals through FGFR 1c and 4 receptors, and stimulates insulin-independent glucose uptake by adipocytes. Recombinant Human FGF-21 is a 19.5 kDa protein containing 182 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-721
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805