- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Mouse FGF-21 (aa 29-210) is fused at the N-terminus to a DDDDK-tag.
- FUSION TAG: DDDDK Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains PBS. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Fgf21
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fibroblast Growth Factor 21
- Protein Accession Number: Q9JJN1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13626695
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56636
- Fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF-21) is a member of the fibroblast growth factor family and has been identified as an important regulator of energy metabolism connecting nutrition, growth, reproduction and longevity. FGF-21 lacks the heparin-binding domain of most FGF proteins, allowing its secretion. FGF-21 is abundantly expressed in adipose tissues, liver and pancreas. In adipose tissue, FGF-21 promotes glucose uptake and oxidation and in liver it replenishes on fasting the tissues with fuel on low nutritional supply. It also induces lipolysis and ketogenesis. FGF-21 acts through FGF receptors (FGFR) associated with the auxiliary protein beta-Klotho. Recently, FGF-21 has been reported to interact directly with the brain circadian clock to coordinate activity and reproduction as part of the adaptation to fasting. Due to its multiple functions of normalizing glucose, lipid and energy homeostasis, FGF-21 represents an attractive novel therapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-323
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin