- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human FGF-2 (aa 131-288) is untagged.
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains PBS + 0.1mM DTT. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor, bFGF, Heparin Binding Growth Factor-2, HBGF-2
- Protein Accession Number: P09038
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 261260095
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2247
- FGF-2 (Basic fibroblast growth factor) belongs to the FGF superfamily that is made up of 22 different fibroblast growth factor genes. FGF-2 and FGF-1 (acidic FGF) are unique in that they do not follow the conventional signal sequence for secretion. FGF-2 is found in five isoforms via alternative initiation of translation. Signaling of FGF-2 occurs through the high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptors FGFR1-4. FGF-2 is a potent wide-spectrum mitogen whose overexpression is associated with immortalization and unregulated cell proliferation in many tumors. FGF-2 functions in angiogenesis, cell survival, tissue repair, embryonic development and inflammation. FGF-2 is widely used to maintain the self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells (ESCs) and to induce pluripotent stem cells. FGF-2 is an established neurogenic factor for proliferation and differentiation of multipotent neural stem cells both during development and in the adult mouse brain as well.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-331
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin