- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human FGF-1 (aa 16-155) is untagged.
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: In PBS containing 0.2 mM DTT. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FGF1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fibroblast Growth Factor 1, Acidic Fibroblast Growth Factor, Endothelial Cell Growth Factor, ECGF, Heparin-binding Growth Factor 1, HBGF-1
- Protein Accession Number: P05230
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 122737
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2246
- Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) constitute a family of heparin-binding polypeptides involved in the regulation of biological responses such as growth, differentiation and angiogenesis. The biological effects of FGFs are mediated by four structurally related receptor tyrosine kinases denoted FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and FGFR4. FGF-1 [FGF-acidic; ECGF; HBGF-1] is a powerful mitogen of cells of mesodermal, ectodermal and endodermal origin. FGF-1 association with heparan sulfate is a prerequisite for activation of FGF receptors. FGF-1 plays a role in various stages of development and morphogenesis as well as in angiogenesis and wound healing processes. Recent data indicate a role of FGF-1 in inflammation and obesity. FGF-1 is selectively induced in fat cells by high-fat diet feeding and established the PPARgamma-FGF-1 axis as a critical pathway that regulates adipose tissue remodeling.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-317
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.