- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: FEZ2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human FEZ2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 160 - 210 of FEZ2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FEZ2 antibody can be used for the detection of FEZ2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: FEZ2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FEZ2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FEZ2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FEZ2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FEZ2 Antibody: HUM3CL, Fasciculation and elongation protein zeta-2, Zygin II
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001036013
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 110349756
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9637
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FEZ2 Antibody: Fasciculation and elongation protein zeta-2 (FEZ2) is a homolog to the mammalian FEZ1, itself an ortholog of the C. elegans UNC-76. In contrast to FEZ1, FEZ2 mRNA is widely expressed in mouse tissues. FEZ2 interacts with protein kinase C (PKC)-zeta substrate and induces neurite extension of PC12 cells when co-expressed with a constitutively active form of PKC-zeta, suggesting FEZ2 may play an important role in the morphological changes of various cells by associating with PKC-zeta in a tissue non-specific manner. FEZ2 can interact with FEZ1 through its c-terminal regions and especially its coiled-coil region. At least two isoforms of FEZ2 are known to exist.
- 1: Fujita T, Ikuta J, Okajima T, et al. Identification of a tissue-non-specific homologue of axonal fasciculation and elongation protein zeta-1. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2004; 313:738-44.
- 2: Kuroda S, Nakagawa N, Tokunaga C, et al. Mammalian homologue of the Caenorhabditis elegans UNC-76 protein involved in axonal outgrowth is a protein kinase C z-interacting protein. J. Cell Biol.1999; 144:403-11.
- 3: Assmann EM, Alborghetti MR, Camargo MER, et al. FEZ1 dimerization and interaction with transcription regulatory proteins involves its coiled-coil region. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:9869-81.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4405
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.