- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This FDPS antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 82-112 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human FDPS.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For IF starting dilution is: 1:100
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FDPS
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase, FPP synthase, FPS, (2E,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase, Dimethylallyltranstransferase, Farnesyl diphosphate synthase, Geranyltranstransferase, FDPS, FPS, KIAA1293
- Protein Accession Number: P14324
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 215274250
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2224
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The isoprene biosynthetic pathway supply the cell with cholesterol, ubiquinone, and various nonsterol metabolites. The farnesylpyrophosphate synthetase enzyme catalyzes the formation of geranyl and farnesylpyrophosphate from isopentenylpyrophosphate and dimethylallyl pyrophosphate. Analysis of FDPS activity and protein in rat liver, accompanied by immunofluorescence and immunoelectron microscopy studies, demonstrated that FDPS is predominantly localized in peroxisomes.1 Liver tissue from patients with the peroxisomal deficiency diseases Zellweger syndrome and neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy exhibit diminished activities of FDPS and subsequent isoprenoid synthesis.
- 1: Strausberg, R.L., et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99(26):16899-16903 (2002).
- 2: Nomura, N., et al., DNA Res. 1(1):27-35 (1994).
- 3: Wilkin, D.J., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 265(8):4607-4614 (1990).
- 4: Sheares, B.T., et al., Biochemistry 28(20):8129-8135 (1989).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-389
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.