- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 157.1
- Formula: C5H4FN3O2
- CAS: 259793-96-9
- Solubility: Soluble in water (30mg/ml) or DMSO (30mg/ml).
- InChi Key: ZCGNOVWYSGBHAU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- Smiles: FC1=CNC(C(C(N)=O)=N1)=O
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 6-Fluoro-3,4-dihydro-3-oxo-2-pyrazinecarboxamide; Favilavir; T-705; Avigan
- The guanine analog Favipiravir is a broad spectrum inhibitor of viral RNA polymerase, acting on viral genetic copying to prevent its reproduction. Favipiravir is a prodrug that is metabolized to its active form, favipiravir-ribofuranosyl-5'-triphosphate (Favipiravir-RTP), which inhibits selectively RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) in RNA viruses. This antiviral agent inhibits influenza A, B and C without inducing cytotoxicity up to 1,000 Âµg/ml. It also inhibits influenza strains resistant to current antiviral drugs and shows a synergistic effect in combination with oseltamivir (Prod. No. AG-CR1-3714), thereby expanding influenza treatment options. Favipiravir is active against a variety of additional viruses, including West Nile virus, yellow fever virus, foot-and-mouth disease virus as well as other flaviviruses, arenaviruses, bunyaviruses and alphaviruses in vitro and in vivo. Activity has also been shown against enteroviruses, Rift Valley fever virus and Marburg virus (MARV9), while limited efficacy has been shown against Ebola virus (EBOV) and Zika virus in animal studies. Favipiravir shows potential efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 and is undergoing clinical studies to test its efficacy and safety in the treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-027
- Size: 100 mg
- List Price: $240.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805