- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 337.5
- Formula: C8H15N7O2S3
- CAS: 76824-35-6
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO (30mg/ml) or DMF (25mg/ml).
- InChi Key: XUFQPHANEAPEMJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- Smiles: N/C(N)=N/C1=NC(CSCC/C(N)=N/S(=O)(N)=O)=CS1
- Identity: Determined by 1H-NMR.
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (HPLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Protect from moisture. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MK-208; YM-11170; Pepcid; Nâ€²-(Aminosulfonyl)-3-([2-(diaminomethyleneamino)-4-thiazolyl]methylthio)propanamidine
- Famotidine is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist. It is selective for H2 over H1 and muscarinic receptors (Kis = 4 and 28 ÂµM, respectively, in bovine cerebral cortex). Famotidine blocks the action of histamine in the parietal cells, ultimately blocking acid secretion in the stomach. It inhibits histamine-induced acid secretion in isolated canine parietal cells (IC50 = 0.6ÂµM) and suppresses histamine-induced gastric acid secretion in dogs when administered orally and in anesthetized rats when administered intraduodenally (ID50s = 10 and 400Âµg/kg, respectively). Famotidine is used to treat ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn and it decreases the risk of gastrointestinal toxicity associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Potential inhibitor of the viral enzyme papain-like protease (PLpro), important for SARS-CoV-2 replication and being tested in COVID-19 clinical trials.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-026
- Size: 5 g
- List Price: $205.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805