- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: FAM59A antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human FAM59A.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 630 - 680 of FAM59A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FAM59A antibody can be used for detection of FAM59A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: FAM59A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FAM59A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FAM59A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FAM59A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FAM59A Antibody: Gm944, FAM59A, C18orf11, GRB2-associated and regulator of MAPK protein, GRB2-associated and regulator of MAPK1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9H706
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 125991851
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64762
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FAM59A Antibody: FAM59A, also known as GAREM, was initially identified through a mass spectroscoptic method that measures different phosphotyrosine states of proteins in response to different cell stimuli. FAM59A is a downstream molecule in the EGF signaling pathway that is tyrosine-phosphorylated, and this phosphorylation is needed for the binding of Grb2, an adaptor protein crucial to the transduction of growth signals from the plasma membrane to the nucleus. ERK activation in response to EGF stimulation is regulated by FAM59A in COS-7 and HeLa cells, and the overexpression of FAM59A stimulated cell proliferation and colony formation in soft agar, suggesting that FAM59A might be a critical protein with roles in ligand-mediated signaling pathway of the EGF receptor and the tumorigenesis of cells.
- 1: Blagoev B, Ong SE, Kratchmarova I, et al. Temporal analysis of phosphotyrosine-dependent signaling networks by quantitative proteomics. Nat. Biotechnol.2004; 22:1139-45.
- 2: Tashiro K, Tsunematsu T, Okubo H, et al. GAREM, a novel adaptor protein for growth factor receptor-bound protein 2, contributes to cellular transformation through activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling. J. Biol. Chem.2009; 284:20206-14.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5479
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin