- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: FAM212A antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human FAM212A.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of FAM212A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FAM212A antibody can be used for detection of FAM212A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: FAM212A antibody is human and mouse . At least two isoforms of FAM212A are known to exist; this antibody will recognize both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 32 kDa
Observed: 33 kDa
- PURIFICATION: FAM212A antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FAM212A antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FAM212A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FAM212A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Family with sequence similarity 212 member A, INKA1, C3orf54
- Protein Accession Number: NP_976248
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 42766424
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 389119
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FAM212A, initially identified as INCA (induced in neural crest by AP-2alpha) in xenopus, is expressed primarily in neural crest cells and their derivatives (1). FAM212A can associate with the P21-kinase protein PAK4 and this association modulates cytoskeletal dynamics (1). In mammals, FAM212A is thought to play a role in neural tube closure; a significant fraction of FAM212A-null mice exhibited exencephaly (2).
- 1: Luo T, Xu Y, Hoffman TL, et al. Inca: a novel p21-activated kinase-associated protein required for cranial neural crest development. Dev. 2007; 134:1279-89.
- 2: Reid BS, Sargent TD, and Willams T. Generation and characterization of a novel neural crest marker allele, Inka1-LacZ, reveals a role for Inka1 in mouse neural tube closure. Dev. Dyn. 2010; 239:1188-96.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5531
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin