- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This FADS3 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 328-355 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human FADS3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 51 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FADS3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fatty acid desaturase 3, 11419-, Cytochrome b5-related protein, FADS3, CYB5RP
- Protein Accession Number: Q9Y5Q0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74762790
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3995
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the fattyacid desaturase (FADS) gene family. Desaturase enzymes regulateunsaturation of fatty acids through the introduction of doublebonds between defined carbons of the fatty acyl chain. FADS familymembers are considered fusion products composed of an N-terminalcytochrome b5-like domain and a C-terminal multiplemembrane-spanning desaturase portion, both of which arecharacterized by conserved histidine motifs. This gene is clusteredwith family members FADS1 and FADS2 at 11q12-q13.1; this cluster isthought to have arisen evolutionarily from gene duplication basedon its similar exon/intron organization.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Mathias, R.A., et al. J. Lipid Res. 51(9):2766-2774(2010)
- 3: Barber, M.J., et al. PLoS ONE(3), E9763 (2010) :
- 4: Talmud, P.J., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85(5):628-642(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-763
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.