- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Ala128
- FUSION TAG: N-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 16.6 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM TrisHCl, 0.5mM DTT, 50% Glycerol, pH 8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FABP6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Gastrotropin, GT, Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 6, Ileal Lipid-Binding Protein, ILBP, Intestinal 15 kDa Protein, I-15P, Intestinal Bile Acid-Binding Protein, I-BABP, FABP6, ILLBP
- Protein Accession Number: P51161
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2172
- Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 6 (FABP6) is cytoplasmic protein that binds long-chain fatty acids and other hydrophobic ligands which belongs to the calycin superfamily. FABP6 expression is restricted in the small intestine to the ileum where it is involved in the enterohepatic circulation of bile acids. FABP6 forms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates the hydrophobic ligand in its interior. Isoform 2 is expressed in colorectal adenocarcinomas and their adjacent normal mucosa (at protein level). Isoform 1 is expressed in the jejunum, ileum, cecum and ascending colon intestine. FABP6 plays a role in fatty acid uptake, transport, and metabolism. FABP6 stimulates gastric acid and pepsinogen secretion. It seems to be able to bind to bile salts and bilirubins.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-201
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $635.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin