- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Ala 133
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15.7 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FABP3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FABP3, H-FABP, FABP11, MDGI, M-FABP, hFABP, O-FABP
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004093
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2170
- Fatty acid-binding protein 3 (FABP3) is also known as Heart-type fatty acid binding protein (H-FABP), Mammary-derived growth inhibitor (MDGI), Muscle fatty acid-binding protein (M-FABP), FABP11, which belongs to the calycin superfamily and fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family. FABP are thought to play a role in the intracellular transport of long-chain fatty acids and their acyl-CoA esters. H-FABP / FABP3 is involved in active fatty acid metabolism where it transports fatty acids from the cell membrane to mitochondria for oxidation. FABP3 may also contribute to AS160 phosphorylation by maintaining insulin-dependent Akt activation in the cells under a lipotoxic condition.
- 1: Offner G.D., et al., 1988, Biochem. J. 252:191-198.
- 2: Boerchers T., et al., 1990, Mol. Cell. Biochem. 98:127-133.
- 3: Kleine AH., et al., 1992, Mol. Cell. Biochem. 116 (1–2): 155–62.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-291
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin