- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: EZH1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human EZH1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 180 - 230 of EZH1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EZH1 antibody can be used for detection of EZH1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of EZH1 are known to exist. EZH1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with EZH2
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: EZH1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EZH1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EZH1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EZH1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EZH1 Antibody: KMT6B, KIAA0388, Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase EZH1, ENX-2
- Protein Accession Number: AAC50778
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 19923202
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2145
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EZH1 Antibody: EZH1 was initially identified as a homolog of the drosophila Enhancer of Zeste through transcription mapping of chromosome 17q21. Both EZH1 and the related protein EZH2 can form complexes with the noncanonical Polycomb repressive complex-2 (PRC2) and maintain repressive chromatin, but the PRC2-EZH1 complex mediates methylation of histone H3. Both EZH1 and EZH2 are thought to function in the maintenance of embryonic stem cell pluripotency and plasticity and recently have been shown to be essential for hair follicle homeostasis and wound repair.
- 1: Abel KJ, Brody LC, Valdes JM, et al. Characterization of EZH1, a human homolog of Drosophila Enhancer of zeste near BRCA1. Genomics 1996; 37:161-71
- 2: Margueron R, Li G, Sarma K, et al. Ezh1 and Ezh2 maintain repressive chromatin through different mechanisms. Mol. Cell 2008; 32:503-18.
- 3: Shen X, Liu Y, Hsu YJ, et al. EZH1 mediates methylation on histone H3 lysine 27 and complements EZH2 in maintaining stem cell identity and executing pluripotency. Mol. Cell 2008; 32:491-502
- 4: Ezhkova E, Lien WH, Stokes N, et al. EZH1 and EZH2 cogovern histone H3K27 trimethylation and are essential for hair follicle homeostasis and wound repair. Genes Dev. 2011; 25:485-98
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6261
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin