- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Frog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ERK/MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) polyclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids residues surrounding the phospho-Thr202 and Tyr204 of ERK/MAPK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunolabeling in UV treated Jurkat Cells or in a rat brain lysate is blocked by the Thr202/Tyr204 phosphopeptide used as antigen but not by the corresponding dephosphopeptide. Applications include Dot Blots (DB) and Western Blots (WB). Human, mouse, rat and Xenopus have 100% amino acid sequence identity with the antigen used to raise the antibody. Dot blots and Western blots with a rat brain lysate were performed with each lot. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for DB and WB.
- SPECIFICITY: ERK1/2 antibody is specific for the 42/44 k ERK/MAPK protein phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204..
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 42/44
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage -80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at -20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stock solutions are stable for a minimum of 1 year at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Mapk1
- Protein Accession Number: P63086
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 52001075
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 116590
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Extracellular-Signal Regulated Kinase/Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (ERK/MAPK) is an integral component of cellular signaling during mitogenesis and differentiation of mitotic cells and also is thought to play a key role in learning and memory. The activity of this kinase is regulated by dual phosphorylation at Thr202 and Tyr204.
- 1: Tanoue, T.J. and Nishida, E., "Molecular recognitions in the MAP kinase cascades. Cellular Signaling 15 (2003) 455 - 462.
- 2: Adams, J.P. and Sweatt, J.D., "Molecular psychology: Roles for the ERK MAP kinase cascade in memory," Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol., 42 (2002) 135 - 163.
- 3: Johnson, G.L. and Lapadat, R., "Mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways mediated by ERK, JNK, and p38 protein kinases," Science, 298 (2002) 1911 - 1912.
- 4: Atkins, C.M., Selcher, J.C., Petraitis, J.J., Trzaskos, J.M., and Sweatt, J.D., "The MAPK cascade is required for mammalian associative learning," Nat. Neurosci., 1 (1998) 602-609.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-1009
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin