- SPECIES: Human, Virus, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: APPRLICDSR VLERYLLEAK EAENITTGCA EHCSLNENIT VPDTKVNFYA WKRMEVGQQA VEVWQGLALL SEAVLRGQAL LVNSSQPWEP LQLHVDKAVS GLRSLTTLLR ALGAQKEAIS PPDAASAAPL RTITADTFRK LFRVYSNFLR GKLKLYTGEA CRTGDR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cell proliferation assay using TF-1 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.8-1.0 ng/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 90% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CLN8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Erythropoietin, Epoetin
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2055
- Erythropoietin (EPO) is a glycoprotein hormone that is principally known for its role in erythropoiesis, where it is responsible for stimulating proliferation and differentiation of erythroid progenitor cells. The differentiation of CFU-E (Colony Forming Unit-Erythroid) cells into erythrocytes can only be accomplished in the presence of EPO. Physiological levels of EPO in adult mammals are maintained primarily by the kidneys, whereas levels in fetal or neonatal mammals are maintained by the liver. EPO also can exert various non-hematopoietic activities, including vascularization and proliferation of smooth muscle, neural protection during hypoxia, and stimulation of certain B cells. Human EPO contains 166 amino acid residues and has a calculated molecular weight of approximately 18.4 kDa. As a result of glycosylation, Recombinant Human EPO migrates with an apparent molecular mass of 37.0 kDa by SDS-PAGE gel, under reducing and non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-635
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805