Home / Antibody Pairs / EPO Antibody
EPO AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 38-362
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E, WB
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Human
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.05 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits immunized with highly pure Recombinant Human EPO. Anti-Human EPO-specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Human EPO matrix.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sandwich ELISA: To detect Human EPO by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with ProSci's Biotinylated Anti-Human EPO as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of Recombinant Human EPO.
To detect Human EPO by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 ug/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for Recombinant Human EPO is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: EPO-specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Human EPO matrix
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EPO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Erythropoietin, Epoetin
- Protein Accession Number: P01588
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: P01588.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2056
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Erythropoietin (EPO) is a glycoprotein hormone that is principally known for its role in erythropoiesis, where it is responsible for stimulating proliferation and differentiation of erythroid progenitor cells. The differentiation of CFU-E (Colony Forming Unit-Erythroid) cells into erythrocytes can only be accomplished in the presence of EPO. Physiological levels of EPO in adult mammals are maintained primarily by the kidneys, whereas levels in fetal or neonatal mammals are maintained by the liver. EPO also can exert various non-hematopoietic activities, including vascularization and proliferation of smooth muscle, neural protection during hypoxia, and stimulation of certain B cells. ProSci’s Human EPO contains 166 amino acid residues and has a calculated molecular weight of approximately 18.4 kDa. As a result of glycosylation, Recombinant Human EPO migrates with an apparent molecular mass of 37.0 kDa by SDS-PAGE gel, under reducing and non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-362
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin