- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: EPAC2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human EPAC2.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of EPAC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EPAC2 antibody can be used for detection of EPAC1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of EPAC2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the larger isoform. EPAC2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with EPAC2
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: EPAC2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EPAC2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EPAC2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RAPGEF4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EPAC2 Antibody: 2, EPAC, CGEF2, EPAC2, EPAC 2, Nbla00496, CAMP-GEFII, Rap guanine nucleotide exchange factor 4, Exchange factor directly activated by cAMP 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_008954
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 155030204
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11069
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EPAC2 Antibody: EPAC2, also known as Rap guanine nuclear exchange factor 4 and cAMPGEF-II, is belongs to a family of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) binding proteins with guanine nucleotide exchange factor. Like the related protein EPAC1, EPAC2 signaling plays a role in numerous cellular processes such as integrin-mediated cell adhesion, muscle contraction, learning and memory, cell proliferation, and inflammation. Recent evidence suggests that EPAC2 induces synapse remodeling and depression, with mutations in its gene being found in patients with autism.
- 1: Ueno H, Shibasaki T, Iwanaga T, et al. Characterization of the gene EPAC2: structure, chromosomal localization, tissue expression, and identification of the liver-specific isoform. Genomics 2001; 78:91-8
- 2: Grandoch M, Roscioni SS, and Schmidt M. The role of Epac proteins, novel cAMP mediators, in the regulation of immune, lung and neuronal function. Brit. J. Pharm. 2010; 159:265-84
- 3: Holz GG, Kang G, Harbeck M, et al. Cell physiology of cAMP sensor Epac. J. Physiol. 2006; 577:5-15
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6633
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin