- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: EPAC1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human EPAC1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of EPAC1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EPAC1 antibody can be used for detection of EPAC1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of EPAC1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. EPAC1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with EPAC2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1467 - Rat Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: EPAC1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EPAC1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EPAC1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RAPGEF3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EPAC1 Antibody: EPAC, EPAC1, bcm910, HSU79275, CAMP-GEFI, CGEF1, EPAC, Rap guanine nucleotide exchange factor 3, Exchange factor directly activated by cAMP 1, EPAC 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001092001
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 148747859
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10411
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EPAC1 Antibody: EPAC1, also known as Rap guanine nuclear exchange factor 3 and cAMPGEF-I, is widely expressed but most prominently in brain, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen, ovary, thyroid and spinal cord. EPAC1 is a cAMP-binding protein with intrinsic guanine nuclear exchange factor activity that couples cAMP production to the activation of Rap, a GTPase belonging to the Ras family. This activation of Rap influences numerous cellular processes such as integrin-mediated cell adhesion, vascular endothelial barrier formation, and cardiac myocyte gap junction formation. Recently, EPAC1 has been suggested to also be involved in the cAMP-dependent regulation of ion channel formation, intracellular Ca++ signalling, ion transporter activity, and exocytosis.
- 1: de Rooij J, Zwartkruis FJ, Verheijen MH, et al. Epac is a Rap1 guanine-nucleotide-exchange factor directly activated by cyclic AMP. Nature 1998; 396:474-7.
- 2: Bos JL. Epac: a new cAMP target and new avenues. Hum. Immunol. 2004; 65:282-90.
- 3: Holz GG, Kang G, Harbeck M, et al. Cell physiology of cAMP sensor Epac. J. Physiol. 2006; 577:5-15.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6631
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.