- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa. 51 - 140
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: His-tag and strepII-tag at N-terminus
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 1X PBS containing 0.1% SDS and 0.02% NaN3
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ENDOG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EndoG Antibody : Endo G
- Protein Accession Number: Q14249
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24638471
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2021
- The fragmentation of nuclear DNA is a hallmark of apoptotic cell death. The activities of caspase and nuclease are involved in the DNA fragmentation. Caspase-activated deoxyribo-nuclease (CAD), also termed DNA fragmentation factor (DFF40), is one such nuclease, and is capable of inducing DNA fragmentation and chromatin condensation after cleavage by caspase-3 of its inhibitor ICAD/DFF45. Caspase and CAD independent DNA fragmentation also exists. Recent studies demonstrated that another nuclease, endonuclease G (EndoG), is specifically activated by apoptotic stimuli and is able to induce nucleosomal fragmentation of DNA independently of caspase and DFF/CAD (1-3). EndoG is a mitochondrion-specific nuclease that translocates to the nucleus and cleaves chromatin DNA during apoptosis. The homologue of mammalian EndoG is the first mitochondrial protein identified to be involved in apoptosis in C. elegans (2). EndoG also cleaves DNA in vitro (4).
- 1: Li LY, Luo X, Wang X. Endonuclease G is an apoptotic DNase when released from mitochondria. Nature 2001; 412:95-9.
- 2: Parrish J, Li L, Klotz K, et al. Mitochondrial endonuclease G is important for apoptosis in C. elegans . Nature 2001; 412:90-4
- 3: Hengartner MO. Apoptosis. DNA destroyers. Nature 2001; 412:27, 29.
- 4: Widlak P, Li LY, Wang X, et al. Action of recombinant human apoptotic endonuclease G on naked DNA and chromatin substrates: cooperation with exonuclease and DNase I. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:48404-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-103
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $255.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.