- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 51 - 140 of human EndoG.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EndoG monoclonal monoclonal antibody can be used for detection of EndoG by Western blot at 5 - 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 95-103 - EndoG Recombinant Protein
- PURIFICATION: EndoG Monoclonal Antibody is Protein A purified.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EndoG Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EndoG monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ENDOG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EndoG Antibody [7F2G10] : Endo G
- Protein Accession Number: Q14249
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24638471
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2021
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EndoG Monoclonal Antibody: The fragmentation of nuclear DNA is a hallmark of apoptotic cell death. The activities of caspase and nuclease are involved in the DNA fragmentation. Caspase-activated deoxyribonuclease (CAD), also termed DNA fragmentation factor (DFF40), is one such nuclease, and is capable of inducing DNA fragmentation and chromatin condensation after cleavage by caspase-3 of its inhibitor ICAD/DFF45. Caspase and CAD independent DNA fragmentation also exists. Recent studies demonstrated that another nuclease, endonuclease G (EndoG), is specifically activated by apoptotic stimuli and is able to induce nucleosomal fragmentation of DNA independently of caspase and DFF/CAD. EndoG is a mitochondrion-specific nuclease that translocates to the nucleus and cleaves chromatin DNA during apoptosis. The homologue of mammalian EndoG is the first mitochondrial protein identified to be involved in apoptosis in C. elegans. EndoG also cleaves DNA in vitro.
- 1: Li LY, Luo X, Wang X. Endonuclease G is an apoptotic DNase when released from mitochondria. Nature 2001; 412:95-9.
- 2: Parrish J, Li L, Klotz K, et al. Mitochondrial endonuclease G is important for apoptosis in C. elegans. Nature 2001; 412:90-4
- 3: Hengartner MO. Apoptosis. DNA destroyers. Nature 2001; 412:27, 29.
- 4: Widlak P, Li LY, Wang X, et al. Action of recombinant human apoptotic endonuclease G on naked DNA and chromatin substrates: cooperation with exonuclease and DNase I. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:48404-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-4583
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin