- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ENC-2 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human ENC-2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 230 - 280 of ENC-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ENC-2 antibody can be used for detection of ENC-2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ENC-2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ENC-2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ENC-2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KLHL25
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ENC-2 Antibody: ENC2, ENC-2, ENC2, Kelch-like protein 25, Ectoderm-neural cortex protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: AAV51405
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55418570
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64410
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ENC-2 Antibody: The ectoderm-neural cortex-2 (ENC-2) protein a member of the BTB/PDZ Kelch protein family displaying significant homology to ENC-1, an actin-binding protein involved in neural fate specification during embryogenesis and adipocyte maturation. The exact function of ENC-2 has yet to be determined, but it has been suggested to be involved in the differentiation of neuronal precursor cells into neurons and astrocytes.
- 1: Hernandez MC, Andres-Barquin PJ, Martinez S, et al. ENC-1: a novel mammalian kelch-related gene specifically expressed in the nervous system encodes an actin-binding protein. J. Neurosci.1997; 17:3038-51.
- 2: Zhao L, Gregoire F and Sul HS. Transient induction of ENC-1, a Kelch-related actin-binding protein, is required for adipocyte differentiation. J. Biol. Chem.2000; 275:16845-50.
- 3: Ahn JI, Kim SY, Ko MJ, et al. Analysis of gene expression in mouse spinal cord-derived neural precursor cells during neuronal differentiation. Gen. and Infor.2009; 7:85-96.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5695
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.