- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Human milk fat globule membranes were used as the immunogen for this EMA antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the EMA antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. No pretreatment needed for FFPE staining.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MUC1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MUC1 Antibody : EMA, MCD, PEM, PUM, KL-6, MAM6, MCKD, PEMT, CD227, H23AG, MCKD1, MUC-1, ADMCKD, ADMCKD1, CA 15-3, MUC-1/X, MUC1/ZD, MUC-1/SEC, Mucin-1, Breast carcinoma-associated antigen DF3
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4582
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes proteins in MW range of 265-400kDa, identified as different glycoforms of MUC1 (Mucin-1) or EMA (epithelial membrane antigen). The alpha subunit has cell adhesive properties. It can act both as an adhesion and an anti-adhesion protein. MUC1 / Mucin-1 may provide a protective layer on epithelial cells against bacterial and enzyme attack. The beta subunit contains a C-terminal domain, which is involved in cell signaling through phosphorylations and protein-protein interactions. In immunohistochemical assays, the MUC1 / EMA antibody superbly stains routine formalin/paraffin carcinoma tissues. MUC1 antibody is useful as a pan-epithelial marker for detecting early metastatic loci of carcinoma in bone marrow or liver.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-266
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin