- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ELOVL6 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human ELOVL6.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ELOVL6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELOVL6 antibody can be used for detection of ELOVL6 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 29 kDa
Observed: 28 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ELOVL6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ELOVL6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ELOVL6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ELOVL6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ELOVL6 Antibody: FAE, LCE, FACE, Elongation of very long chain fatty acids protein 6, 3-keto acyl-CoA synthase ELOVL6, ELOVL FA elongase 6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_076995
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13129088
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79071
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ELOVL6 Antibody: Lipogenesis is a key event in the energy storage system and is controlled by the transcription factor sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)-1. Elongation of very long chain fatty acids protein 6 (ELOVL6) is a member of fatty acyl-CoA elongase gene family that converts palmitic to stearic acid and it has been shown to be a target of SREBP-1, playing an important role in de novo synthesis of long-chain saturated and monosaturated fatty acids in conjunction with fatty acid synthase and stearoyl-CoA desaturase ELOVL6 was predicted to be important for tissue fatty acid composition. Recent studies suggest that inhibition of this elongase could be a new therapeutic approach for ameliorating insulin resistance, diabetes and cardiovascular risks, even in the presence of a continuing state of obesity.
- 1: Moon YA, Shah NA, Mohapatra S, et al. Identification of a mammalian long chain fatty acyl elongase regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:45358-66.
- 2: Matsuzaka T, Shimano H, Yahaqi N, et al. Cloning and characterization of a mammalian fatty acyl-CoA elongase as a lipogenic enzyme regulated by SREBPs. J. Lipid Res. 2002; 43:911-20.
- 3: Matsuzaka T, Shimano H, Yahaqi N, et al. Crucial role of a long-chain fatty acid elongase, Elovl6, in obesity-induced insulin resistance. Nat. Med. 2007; 13:1193 -202.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4571
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin