- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence within amino acids 1-100 of human EIF4E (NP_001959.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IF: 1:50 - 1:200
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Mouse brain
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Rat testis
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Rat lung
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 25kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF4E
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E, eIF-4E, eIF4E, eIF-4F 25 kDa subunit, mRNA cap-binding protein, EIF4E, EIF4EL1, EIF4F
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1977
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a component of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4F complex, which recognizes the 7-methylguanosine cap structure at the 5' end of messenger RNAs. The encoded protein aids in translation initiation by recruiting ribosomes to the 5'-cap structure. Association of this protein with the 4F complex is the rate-limiting step in translation initiation. This gene acts as a proto-oncogene, and its expression and activation is associated with transformation and tumorigenesis. Several pseudogenes of this gene are found on other chromosomes. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 22-003
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.