- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This EIF4B antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 546-575 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human EIF4B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 69 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF4B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4B, eIF-4B, EIF4B
- Protein Accession Number: P23588
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 205371761
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1975
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EIF4B is required for the binding of mRNA to ribosomes. It functions in close association with EIF4-F and EIF4-A by binding near the 5'- terminal cap of mRNA in presence of EIF-4F and ATP. This gene also promotes the ATPase activity and the ATP-dependent RNA unwinding activity of both EIF4-A and EIF4-F
- 1: Doepker, R.C., et al., J. Virol. 78(9):4684-4699 (2004).
- 2: Fleming, K., et al., Biochemistry 42(30):8966-8975 (2003).
- 3: Milburn, S.C., et al., EMBO J. 9(9):2783-2790 (1990).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-583
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.