- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: eIF4B (Ab-422) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.420~424 (T-G-S-E-S) derived from Human eIF4B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total eIF4B protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 80 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF4B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EIF-4B, PRO1843, PKB, RAC,
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001408.2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50053795
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1975
- Required for the binding of mRNA to ribosomes. Functions in close association with EIF4-F and EIF4-A. Binds near the 5'-terminal cap of mRNA in presence of EIF-4F and ATP. Promotes the ATPase activity and the ATP-dependent RNA unwinding activity of both EIF4-A and EIF4-F.
- 1: Gingras, A. C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev. 15, 807-826. Duncan, R. and Hershey, J. W. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 260, 5493-5497. Duncan, R. F. and Hershey, J. W. (1989) J. Cell Biol. 109, 1467-1481.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-421
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.