- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Rabbit
- IMMUNOGEN: This EIF2S2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 270-299 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human EIF2S2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF2S2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit 2, Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit beta, eIF-2-beta, EIF2S2, EIF2B
- Protein Accession Number: P20042
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12644154
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8894
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 (EIF-2)functions in the early steps of protein synthesis by forming aternary complex with GTP and initiator tRNA and binding to a 40Sribosomal subunit. EIF-2 is composed of three subunits, alpha,beta, and gamma, with the protein encoded by this gene representingthe beta subunit. The beta subunit catalyzes the exchange of GDPfor GTP, which recycles the EIF-2 complex for another round ofinitiation.
- 1: Rajesh, K., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 374(2):336-340(2008)
- 2: Sugiyama, N., et al. Mol. Cell Proteomics 6(6):1103-1109(2007)
- 3: Olsen, J.V., et al. Cell 127(3):635-648(2006)
- 4: Olsen, J.V., et al. Cell 127(3):635-648(2006)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-960
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.