- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: EI24 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human EI24.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of EI24.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EI24 antibody can be used for detection of EI24 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of EI24 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the larger isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: EI24 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EI24 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EI24 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EI24
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EI24 Antibody: EPG4, PIG8, TP53I8, p53-induced gene 8 protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004870
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55956766
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9538
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EI24 Antibody: The etoposide-induced 24 (EI24) protein is an immediate-early induction target of p53-mediated apoptosis and functions as a tumor suppressor. EI24 contains six transmembrane domains and is localized to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). It binds to Bcl-2 and may contribute to apoptosis by modulating the activity and function of Bcl-2. EI24 is highly mutated in aggressive breast cancers and its loss in breast cancer tissue correlates with tumor invasiveness. Similar findings in invasive cervical carcinoma suggest that EI24 may be a promising therapeutic target in the treatment of invasive cancer.
- 1: Lehar SM, Nacht M, Jacks T, et al. Identification and cloning of EI24, a gene induced by p53 in etoposide-treated cells. Oncogene 1996; 12:1181-7.
- 2: Gu Z, Flemington C, Chittenden T, et al. ei24, a p53 response gene involved in growth suppression and apoptosis. Mol. Cell Biol. 2000; 20:233-41
- 3: Zhao X, Ayer RE, Davis SL, et al. Apoptosis factor EI24/PIG8 is a novel endoplasmic reticulum-localized Bcl-2-binding protein which is associated with suppression of breast cancer invasiveness. Cancer Res. 2005; 65:2125-9.
- 4: Mazumder D, Mitra S, Singh RK, et al. Inactivation of CHEK1 and EI24 are associated with the development of invasive cervical carcinoma: clinical and prognostic implications. Int. J. Cancer 2010; epub
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6487
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin