- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This EGFR antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 956-985 amino acids from human EGFR.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 134 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EGFR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Epidermal growth factor receptor, Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1, Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1, EGFR, ERBB, ERBB1, HER1
- Protein Accession Number: P00533
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2811086
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1956
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EGFR is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of a family of protein tyrosine kinases crucial in maintaining a normal balance in cell growth and development. A prototype member of the type 1 receptor tyrosine kinases, EGFR is encoded by the cellular oncogene cerbB1. EGFR has an extracellular ligand binding domain, a single transmembrane region, and cytoplasmic domain which is composed of a tyrosine kinase domain and a carboxy terminal domain. The carboxy terminal domain contains at least four tyrosine autophosphorylation sites. Increased production or activation of EGFR has been associated with poor prognosis in a variety of tumors. EGFR overexpression is observed in tumors of the head and neck, brain, bladder, stomach, breast, lung, endometrium, cervix, vulva, ovary, esophagus, stomach and in squamous cell carcinoma.
- 1: Aifa, S., et al., Exp. Cell Res. 302(1):108-114 (2005).
- 2: Adams, T.E., et al., Growth Factors 22(2):89-95 (2004).
- 3: Ichinose, J., et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 324(3):1143-1149 (2004).
- 4: Kuribayashi, A., et al., Endocrinology 145(11):4976-4984 (2004).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-068
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin