- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: NSYPGCPSSY DGYCLNGGVC MHIESLDSYT CNCVIGYSGD RCQTRDLRWW ELR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by a cell proliferation assay using BALB/c 3T3 cells is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Egf
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Epidermal Growth Factor, Urogastrone, URG
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 13645
- EGF is a potent growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of various epidermal and epithelial cells. Additionally, EGF has been shown to inhibit gastric secretion, and to be involved in wound healing. EGF signals through a receptor known as c-erbB, which is a class I tyrosine kinase receptor. This receptor also binds with TGF-α and VGF (vaccinia virus growth factor). Recombinant Murine EGF is a 6.0 kDa globular protein containing 53 amino acid residues, including 3 intramolecular disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-763
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805