- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: EFCAB4B antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human EFCAB4B.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 640 - 690 of EFCAB4B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: EFCAB4B antibody can be used for detection of EFCAB4B by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1405 - Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: EFCAB4B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: EFCAB4B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: EFCAB4B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EFCAB4B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EFCAB4B Antibody: CRACR2A, CRACR2A, EF-hand calcium-binding domain-containing protein 4B, Calcium release-activated calcium channel regulator 2A, CRAC channel regulator 2A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001138430
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14249254
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84766
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- EFCAB4B Antibody: EFCAB4B, also known as Calcium release-activated calcium channel regulator 2A, is a novel Ca2+-binding EF-hand protein that is thought to play a key role in store-operated Ca2+ entry in T-cells by regulating CRAC channel activation. EFCAB4B acts as a cytoplasmic calcium-sensor that forms a complex with ORAI1 and STIM1 at the junctional regions between the plasma membrane and the endoplasmic reticulum upon low Ca2+ concentration. A closely related protein, EFCAB4A, is likely to play a similar role as EFCAB4B, but the detailed function of EFCAB4A is still under investigation.
- 1: Srikanth S, Jung HJ, Kim KD, et al. A novel EF-hand protein, CRACR2A, is a cytosolic Ca2+ sensor that stabilizes CRAC channels in T cells. Nat. Cell. Biol.2010; 12:436-46.
- 2: Srikanth S, Jung HJ, Ribalet B, et al. The intracellular loop of Orai1 plays a central role in fast inactivation of Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ channels. J. Biol. Chem.2010; 285:5066-75.
- 3: Maruyama K, Mikawa T, and Ebashi S. Detection of calcium binding proteins by 45Ca autoradiography on nitrocellulose membrane after sodium dodecyl sulfate gel electrophoresis. J. Biochem.1984; 95:511-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6045
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin