- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human EDAR (aa 27-183) is fused at the C-terminus to the Fc portion of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Inhibits EDA-A1 activity.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains PBS. Reconstitute with 50 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EDAR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Superfamily Member EDAR, Anhidrotic Ectodysplasin Receptor 1, Downless Homolog, EDA-A1 Receptor, Ectodermal Dysplasia Receptor, Ectodysplasin-A Receptor
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UNE0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11641231
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10913
- The TNF family ligand ectodysplasin A (EDA) and its receptor EDAR are required for proper development of skin appendages such as hair, teeth and eccrine sweat glands. Loss of function mutations in the Eda gene cause X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (XLHED), a condition that can be ameliorated in mice and dogs by timely administration of recombinant EDA. The Eda gene on the X chromosome is transcribed as multiple splice variants, only two of which code for the receptor-binding C-terminal TNF homology domain. These two variants code for 391- and 389-amino acid-long proteins called EDA1 and EDA2. EDA1 binds EDAR, whereas EDA2 binds to another receptor, XEDAR. The biology of EDA2 and XEDAR is distinct from that of EDA1. Indeed, XEDAR-deficient mice have no obvious ectodermal dysplasia phenotype, whereas mice deficient in EDA, EDAR, or the signaling adaptor protein EDARADD all display virtually indistinguishable ectodermal dysplasia phenotypes, indicating the predominance of the EDA1-EDAR axis in the development of skin-derived appendages.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-297
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $380.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin