- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: ECSIT antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the C-terminus of human ECSIT.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 290 - 340 of ECSIT.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ECSIT antibody can be used for detection of ECSIT by Western blot at 0.5 to 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ECSIT Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ECSIT Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ECSIT antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ECSIT
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ECSIT Antibody: SITPEC, Evolutionarily conserved signaling intermediate in Toll pathway, mitochondrial, Protein SITPEC
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057665
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20149633
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51295
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ECSIT Antibody: Activation of NF-κB as a result of Toll-like receptor (TLR) and IL-1 receptor signaling is a major component of innate immune responses. Signals from these receptors are relayed by a number of adapter molecules such as TRIF, TIRAP, and MyD88 to kinases such as IRAK and other intermediates such as TNF receptor associated factor (TRAF)-6. ECSIT (evolutionarily conserved signaling intermediate in Toll pathways) was initially identified as a cytoplasmic protein interacting specifically with TNF receptor associated factor (TRAF)-6 in the TLR pathway. Recently however, ECSIT has also been shown to be required for bone morphogenetic protein (Bmp) signaling and mesoderm formation during mouse embryogenesis, indicating the possibility of cross-talk between the TLR/IL-B and Bmp signaling pathways.
- 1: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 2: Vogel SN, Fitzgerald KA, and Fenton MJ. TLRs: differential adapter utilization by toll-like receptors mediates TLR-specific patterns of gene expression. Mol. Interv. 2003; 3:466-77.
- 3: Janssens S and Beyaert R. Functional diversity and regulation of different interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) family members. Mol. Cell. 2003; 11:293-302.
- 4: Sato S, Sugiyama M, Yamamoto M, et al. Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor inducing IFN-β (TRIF) associates with TNF receptor-associated factor 6 and TANK-binding kinase 1, and activates two distinct transcription factors, NF-κ B and IFN-regulatory factor-3, in the Toll-like receptor signaling. J. Immunol. 2003; 171(8):4304-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3377
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin