- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (75%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ECRG4 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ECRG4.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ECRG4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ECRG4 antibody can be used for detection of ECRG4 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ECRG4 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ECRG family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ECRG4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ECRG4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ECRG4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C2orf40
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ECRG4 Antibody: ECRG4, ECRG4, UNQ761/PRO1508, Augurin, Esophageal cancer-related gene 4 protein
- Protein Accession Number: Q9H1Z8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14165276
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84417
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ECRG4 Antibody: The esophageal cancer-related gene 4 (ECRG4), also known as Augurin, was identified through differential display screening between esophageal cancer and normal tissue. Hypermethylation of CpG sites in the ECRG4 promoter correlate with ECRG4 downregulation in numerous esophageal squamous cell carcinoma tissues.. In transfected cells, overexpression of ECRG4 induced G1 arrest, dephosphorylation of Rb and decreased expression of cyclins D1 and D3. Increased expression of ECRG4 in aged mouse brain is observed compared with young mouse brain. The increased ECRG4 level was accompanied by elevated senescence-associated acidic beta-galactosidase activity, suggesting that ECRG4 is involved in cellular differentiation and senescence.
- 1: Su T, Liu H, and Lu S. Cloning and identification of cDNA fragments related to human esophageal cancer. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 1998; 20:254-7.
- 2: Yue CM, Deng DJ, Bi MX, et al. Expression of ECRG4, a novel esophageal cancer-related gene, downregulated by CpG island hypermethylation in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. World J. Gastroenterol. 2003; 9:1174-8.
- 3: Kujuro Y, Suzuki N, and Kondo T. Esophageal cancer-related gene 4 is a secreted inducer of cell senescence expressed by aged CNS precursor cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010; 107:8259-64.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6535
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin