- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ECRG2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ECRG2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ECRG2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ECRG2 antibody can be used for detection of ECRG2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ECRG2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ECRG family members
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 9 kDa
Observed: 14 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ECRG2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ECRG2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ECRG2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPINK7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ECRG2 Antibody: ECG2, ECRG2, ECG2, UNQ745/PRO1474, Serine protease inhibitor Kazal-type 7, Esophagus cancer-related gene 2 protein, ECRG-2
- Protein Accession Number: AAI09386
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14211875
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84651
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ECRG2 Antibody: The esophageal cancer-susceptibility gene 2 (ECRG2), also known as SPINK7, is a novel tumor suppressor gene identified from the human esophagus. It interacts directly with metallothionein 2A and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and downregulates the activity of uPA, leading to reduced cancer cell migration, invasion and metastasis. ECRG2 forms a complex with uPA and its receptor uPAR, modifying the dynamic association of uPAR with beta1 integrins and disrupting the Src/MAP kinase pathway that normally stimulates cell migration and invasion. ECRG2 may thus represent a novel therapeutic target for cancer.
- 1: Cui Y, Wang J, Zhang X, et al. ECRG2, a novel candidate of tumor suppressor gene in the esophageal carcinoma, interacts directly with metallothionein 2A and links to apoptosis. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2003; 302:904-15.
- 2: Huang G, Hu Z, Li M, et al. ECRG2 inhibits cancer cell migration, invasion and metastasis through the down-regulation of uPA/plasmin activity. Carcinogenesis 2007; 28:2274-81
- 3: Cheng X, Shen Z, Yin L, et al. ECRG2 regulates cell migration/invasion through the urokinase-type plasmin activator receptor (uPAR)/beta1 integrin pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284:30897-906
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6523
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.