- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-DRAM antibody (4035) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the amino terminus of human DRAM.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30-80 of DRAM.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL; IHC: 2-2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human mouse and rat samples; Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 14kD, 26kD
Observed: 14 kD, 26kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar DRAM expression profile in human, mouse and rat cell lines detected by two independent anti-DRAM antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4033 against C-terminus domain and 4035 against N-terminus domain. DRAM proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human DRAM has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (238aa, 26kD) and isoform 2 (128aa, 14kD). Mouse DRAM also has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (238aa, 26kD) and isoform 2 (132aa, 15kD). Rat DRAM has only one isoform (238aa, 26kD). 4035 can detect both human isoforms , and also detect mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: DRAM Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DRAM Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DRAM antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DRAM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DRAM Antibody: DRAM, DRAM, DNA damage-regulated autophagy modulator protein 1, Damage-regulated autophagy modulator
- Protein Accession Number: AAH18435
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22450862
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55332
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DRAM Antibody: Damage-regulated autophagy modulator (DRAM) is a p53 target gene encoding a lysosomal protein that induces autophagy, a process that degrades cytosolic proteins and organelles. It has been suggested that activation of DRAM by p53 is simultaneous to the activation by p53 of one or more proapoptotic genes such as PUMA, Bax, etc., and that the signaling pathways regulated by these genes together promote a full cell death response. By itself, DRAM cannot induce apoptosis, but the fact that it is inactivated in certain cancers highlights the importance of DRAM and suggests that autophagy may play a more important role in cancer than initially suspected. At least two different isoforms of DRAM are known to exist.
- 1: Crighton D, Wilkinson S, O'Prey J, et al. DRAM, a p53-induced modulator of autophagy, is critical for apoptosis. Cell 2006; 126:121-34.
- 2: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene 2004; 23:2891-906.
- 3: Crighton D, Wilkinson S, and Ryan KM. DRAM links autophagy to p53 and programmed cell death. Autophagy 2007; 3:72-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4035
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin