- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (93%), Rat: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: DRAK2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human DRAK2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of DRAK2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DRAK2 antibody can be used for detection of DRAK2 by Western blot 0.5 μg/mL. An approximately 45 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: It has no cross responses to DAP or ZIP kinases. The approximately 70 kDa band is probably non-related to DRAK2 although it is peptide blockable.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: DRAK2 Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DRAK2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DRAK2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STK17B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DRAK2 Antibody: DRAK2, DRAK2, DAP kinase-related apoptosis-inducing protein kinase 2
- Protein Accession Number: AB011421
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 3834355
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9262
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DRAK2 Antibody: Apoptosis is mediated by death domain containing adapter molecules and a caspase family of proteases. Certain serine/threonine protein kinases, such as ASK-1 and RIP, are mediators of apoptosis. Two novel serine/threonine kinases that induce apoptosis were recently identified and designated DRAK1 and DRAK2 (for DAP kinase-related apoptosis-inducing protein kinases). DRAKs contain an N-terminal kinase domain and a C-terminal regulation domain. Overexpression of DRAK2 induces apoptosis. DRAKs have high sequence homology to DAP and ZIP kinases, and they represent a novel family of serine/threonine kinases, which mediates apoptosis through their catalytic activities. DRAK2 is located in nucleus and the messenger RNA was ubiquitously expressed in human tissues.
- 1: Sanjo H, Kawai T, Akira S. DRAKs, novel serine/threonine kinases related to death-associated protein kinase that trigger apoptosis. J Biol Chem 1998;273:29066-71 (RD1299)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2149
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.