- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 42 - 349
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: C-terminal His-tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 1X PBS containing 10% glycerol
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFRSF21
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DR6 Antibody: DR6, CD358, BM-018, DR6, UNQ437/PRO868, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 21, Death receptor 6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055267
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7657039
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27242
- Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer (reviewed in 1). Apoptosis is induced by certain cytokines including TNF and Fas ligand of the TNF family through their death domain containing receptors, TNF-R1 and Fas. Several death receptors including DR3, DR4, DR5, and DR6 have been identified. Like TNF-R1, DR6 (also known as TNFRSF21) interacts with death domain containing adapter molecule TRADD. Overexpression of DR6 induces apoptosis and activates NF-B and JNK. DR6 is widely expressed in human tissues and cell lines (2). Recently, DR6 was found to interact with an amino-terminal fragment of the Beta-amyloid protein (APP) in neurons, activating a caspase 6-dependent apoptotic event leading to axonal degeneration and pruning (3).
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Pan G, Bauer JH, Haridas V, et al. Identification and functional characterization of DR6, a novel death domain-containing TNF receptor. FEBS Lett 1998; 431:351-6.
- 3: Nikolaev A, McLaughlin T, O’Leary DD, et al. APP binds DR6 to trigger axon pruning and neuron death via distinct caspases. Nature 2009; 457:981-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-120
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805