- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: DPAGT1 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human DPAGT1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of DPAGT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DPAGT1 antibody can be used for detection of DPAGT1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of DPAGT1 are known to exist; this antibody will recognize the two longest isoforms. DPAGT1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with UHRF1BP1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1405 - Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: DPAGT1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DPAGT1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DPAGT1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DPAGT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DPAGT1 Antibody: GPT, ALG7, DGPT, G1PT, UAGT, UGAT, CDG1J, DPAGT, CDG-Ij, CMSTA2, DPAGT2, D11S366, UDP-N-acetylglucosamine--dolichyl-phosphate N-acetylglucosaminephosphotransferase, GlcNAc-1-P transferase
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001373
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 42794009
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1798
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DPAGT1 Antibody: The UDP-N-acetylglucosamine-dolichyl-phosphate N-acetyl-glucosaminephosphotransferase (DPAGT1) is an enzyme that catalyzes the first step in the dolichol-linked oligosaccharide pathway for glycoprotein biosynthesis. Mutations in this integral endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane protein enzyme belongs to the glycosyltransferase family 4 results in the congenital disorder of glycosylation type Ij with symptoms such as severe hypotonia, medically intractable seizures, mental retardation, microcephaly, and exotropia. Recent experiments have shown that DPAGT1 is a target of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway, with Wnt3a inducing higher DPAGT1 mRNA expression.
- 1: Wu X, Rush JS, Karaoglu D, et al. Deficiency of UDP-GlcNAc:Dolichol Phosphate N-Acetylglucosamine-1 Phosphate Transferase (DPAGT1) causes a novel congenital disorder of glycosylation type Ij. Hum. Mutat. 2003; 22:144-50.
- 2: Bretthauer RK. Structure, expression, and regulation of UDP-GlcNAc:dolichol phosphate GlcNAc-1-phosphate transferase (DPAGT1). Curr. Drug Targets 2009; 10:477-82
- 3: Sengupta PK, Bouchie MP, and Kukuruzinska MA. N-glycosylation gene DPAGT1 is a target of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285:31164-73.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6485
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.