- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This Dnmt2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 346-375 amino acids from human Dnmt2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TRDMT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: tRNA (cytosine(38)-C(5))-methyltransferase, DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase-like protein 2, Dnmt2, DNA methyltransferase homolog HsaIIP, DNA MTase homolog HsaIIP, MHsaIIP, PuMet, TRDMT1, DNMT2
- Protein Accession Number: O14717
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1787
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CpG methylation is an epigenetic modification that is important for embryonic development, imprinting, and X-chromosome inactivation. Studies in mice have demonstrated that DNA methylation is required for mammalian development. This gene encodes a protein with similarity to DNA methyltransferases, but this protein does not display methyltransferase activity. The protein strongly binds DNA, suggesting that it may mark specific sequences in the genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms.
- 1: Hermann, A., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(34):31717-31721 (2003).
- 2: Franchina, M., et al., Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 33(11):1104-1115 (2001).
- 3: Dong, A., et al., Nucleic Acids Res. 29(2):439-448 (2001).
- 4: Yoder, J.A., et al., Hum. Mol. Genet. 7(2):279-284 (1998).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-093
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.