- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: DISP2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human DISP2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110 - 160 of DISP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: DISP2 antibody can be used for detection of DISP2 by immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: DISP2 antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of Disp2 are known to exist. DISP2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with Disp1 or Disp3.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: DISP2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DISP2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DISP2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DISP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DISP2 Antibody: DISPB, HsT16908, DISPB, KIAA1742, Protein dispatched homolog 2
- Protein Accession Number: A7MBM2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 160380692
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 85455
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DISP2 Antibody: DISP2 is the second of three known homologs of the D. melanogaster protein Dispatched. It is a multi-transmembrane protein containing two PTCH/DISP domains and is thought to be involved in the release of lipid-anchored Hedgehog from producing cells. Hedgehog is a major player in signaling pathways during embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, and carcinogenesis and the DISP proteins have been implicated in these pathways. Recently, it has been shown that DISP2 is translationally regulated by the microRNA miR-214 in zebrafish. Expression of this miRNA decreased DISP2 promoter activity in vitro and its overexpression in zebrafish resulted in a phenotype identical to that observed by DISP2 mutants.
- 1: Katoh Y and Katoh M. Identification and characterization of DISP3 gene in silico. Int. J. Oncol. 2005; 26:551-6.
- 2: Katoh Y and Katoh M. Hedgehog signaling pathway and gastric cancer. Can. Biol. & Ther. 2005; 4:1050-4.
- 3: Li N, Flynt AS, Kim HR, et al. Dispatched homolog 2 is targeted by miR-214 through a combination of three week microRNA recognition sites. Nuc. Acids Res. 2008; 36:4277-85.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4893
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.