- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: DISP1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human DISP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of DISP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DISP1 antibody can be used for detection of DISP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of DISP1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. DISP1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with EMX1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: DISP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DISP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DISP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DISP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DISP1 Antibody: DISPA, DISPA, Protein dispatched homolog 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_116279
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25952134
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84976
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DISP1 Antibody: DISP1 is the mammalian homolog of the Drosophila Dispatched segment-polarity gene and a key regulator of the Hedgehog (Hh) signaling pathway during embryonic development. DISP1 is required to move Shh from site of synthesis during embryogenesis; mutations in the gene result in lethality at mid-gestation and prevents specification of ventral cell types in the neural tube. Recent results have shown that DISP1 mediates the basolateral secretion of Shh and regulates growth of mammalian long bones through the control of Ihh.
- 1: Caspary T, Garcia-Garcia MJ, Huangfu D, et al. Mouse dispatched homolog1 is required for long-range, but not juxtacrine, Hh signaling. Curr. Biol. 2002; 12:1628-32
- 2: Etheridge LA, Crawford TQ, Zhang S, et al. Evidence for a role of vertebrate Disp1 in long-range Shh signaling. Development 2010; 137:133-40.
- 3: Tsiairis CD and McMahon AP. Disp1 regulates growth of mammalian long bones through the control of Ihh distribution. Dev. Biol. 2008; 317:480-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6629
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin