- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: DFF40 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human DFF40.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of DFF40.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DFF40 antibody can be used for detection of DFF40 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. A 40 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 40 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DFF40 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DFF40 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DFF40 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Dffb
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DFF40 Antibody: CAD, CPAN, 40kDa, DFF40, Didff, 5730477D02Rik, Cad, DNA fragmentation factor subunit beta, Caspase-activated deoxyribonuclease, CAD
- Protein Accession Number: NP_031885
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 160948620
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 13368
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DFF40 Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and induced by a family of cell death receptors and their ligands. Cell death signals are transduced by death domain containing adapter molecules and members of the caspase family of proteases. These death signals finally cause the degradation of chromosomal DNA by activated DNase. A mouse DNase that causes DNA fragmentation was identified recently and designated CAD for caspase activated deoxyribonuclease. The human homologue of mouse CAD was more recently identified by three groups independently and termed CPAN, DFF40, and human CAD, respectively. DFF45/ICAD is the inhibitory protein of DFF40/CAD and forms complex with DFF40/CAD. Upon cleavage of DFF45/ICAD by activated caspase, DFF40/CAD is released and activated and eventually causes the degradation of DNA in the nuclei. Activation of DFF40/CAD, which causes DNA degradation, is the hallmark of apoptotic cell death.
- 1: Enari M, Sakahira H, Yokoyama H, Okawa K, Iwamatsu A, Nagata S. A caspase-activated DNase that degrades DNA during apoptosis, and its inhibitor ICAD. Nature 1998;391:43-50
- 2: Sakahira H, Enari M, Nagata S. Cleavage of CAD inhibitor in CAD activation and DNA degradation during apoptosis. Nature 1998;391:96-99
- 3: Halenbeck R, MacDonald H, Roulston A, Chen TT, Conroy L, Williams LT. CPAN, a human nuclease regulated by the caspase-sensitive inhibitor DFF45. Curr Biol 1998;8:537-40
- 4: Liu X, Li P, Widlak P, Zou H, Luo X, Garrard WT, Wang X The 40-kDa subunit of DNA fragmentation factor induces DNA fragmentation and chromatin condensation during apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998;95:8461-6
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2153
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin