- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: A recombinant human DSG2 protein was used as the immunogen for the Desmoglein 2 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Optimal dilution of the Desmoglein 2 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DSG2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Desmoglein-2, Cadherin family member 5, HDGC, DSG2, CDHF5
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1829
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a protein of 165kDa, identified as Desmoglein-2 (DSG2). This monoclonal antibody recognizes the extracellular domain of human desmoglein-2. Desmoglein-2 is a member of the desmosomal cadherin family. Desmosomes are intercellular adhering junctions that represent cell surface attachment sites for intermediate filament. Desmocollins and desmogleins are the main desmosomal transmembrane proteins. Desmogleins consist of Dsg1, Dsg2, Dsg3, and Dsg4 isoforms. Within the desmosome, the extracellular domain of desmoglein is essential for calcium dependent heterophilic binding to the desmocollins, whereas the intracellular domain is essential for binding to the desmosomal plaque protein, plakoglobin. Human Desmoglein-2 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein of 1117 amino acid (aa) residues with a 23 aa signal peptide and a 25 aa propeptide. It differs from other classic cadherins by having four instead of five cadherin repeat domains in its extracellular region, and a much larger cytoplasmic region containing five desmoglein repeat domains which share homology with the cadherin repeats. Instead of having the HAV adhesion motif found in type I cadherins, desmogleins have R/YAL as the adhesion motif on its amino-terminal cadherin repeat. The cytoplasmic tails of desmogleins interact with desmoplakins, plakoglobin and plakophilins. In turn, these proteins link the desmogleins with the intermediate filaments. Desmoglein-2 has been shown to be important in establishing cell-cell adhesion and function in epithelial cells. Desmoglein2 was originally identified in colon carcinoma and colon, and was named HDGC (human desmoglein colon).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-655
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin