- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Dog, Cow
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-RDGEVVSEATQQQHE
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:4000.Western Blot:Approx 55-60kDa band observed in Human, Mouse, Rat and Pig Skeletal Muscle lysates (calculated MW of 53.5kDa according to Human NP_001918.3, Mouse NP_034173.1, Rat NP_071976.1 and 53.6kDa according to Pig NP_001001535.1). Recommended concentration: 0.3-1ug/ml.Immunohistochemistry:Paraffin embedded Human Heart and Skeletal Muscle. Recommended concentration: 5ug/ml. In paraffin embedded Human Heart, expression of Desmin is detected in myocardial muscle and not in adjacent vascular smooth muscle. Recommended concentration:3.75ug/ml. Data obtained from previous batch.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1461 - Rat Heart Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DES
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DES, desmin, CMD1I, CSM1, CSM2, FLJ12025, FLJ39719, FLJ41013, FLJ41793, intermediate filament protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001918.3
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55749932
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1674
- 1: Chen F, Chang R, Trivedi M, Capetanaki Y, Cryns VL. Caspase proteolysis of desmin produces a dominant-negative inhibitor of intermediate filaments and promotes apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2003 Feb 28;278(9):6848-53.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 46-777
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.