- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: DDX41 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human DDX41.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 230 - 280 of DDX41.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DDX41 antibody can be used for detection of DDX41 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of DDX41 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 68 kDa
Observed: 70 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DDX41 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DDX41 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DDX41 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DDX41
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DDX41 Antibody: ABS, ABS, Probable ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX41, DEAD box protein 41
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057306
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21071032
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51428
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DDX41 Antibody: DEAD box proteins, characterized by the conserved motif Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp, are putative RNA helicases implicated in several cellular processes involving modifications of RNA secondary structure such as translation initiation, nuclear and mitochondrial splicing, and ribosome and spliceosome assembly. DDX41, also known as Abstrakt, interacts with and regulates the expression of sorting nexin-2 (SNX2), a protein involved in protein sorting in the trans-Golgi network. Recent evidence suggests that DDX41 also plays a role in the innate immune response by sensing intracellular viral DNA, triggering TBK1 and IRF3 activation, leading to a type I interferon immune response.
- 1: Cordin O, Banroques J, Tanner NK, et al. The DEAD-box protein family of RNA helicases. Gene 2006; 367:17-37.
- 2: Linder P. Dead-box proteins: a family affair—active and passive players in RNP-remodeling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006; 34:4168-80.
- 3: Abdul-Ghani M, Hartman KL, and Ngsee JK. Abstrakt interacts with and regulates the expression of sorting nexin-2. J. Cell Physiol. 2005; 204:210-8.
- 4: Zhang Z, Yuan B, Bao M, et al. The helicase DDX41 senses intracellular DNA mediated by the adaptor STING in dendritic cells. Nat. Immunol. 2011; 12:959-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7349
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.